Supported Kentico Versions
Currently, Bolster Search supports Kentico 12 and Xperience 13 (MVC or .NET Core). For Kentico 12, the module will work with both Portal Engine and MVC development models.
The Bolster Search installation package contains a Kentico import package and a code deployment package to deploy code to the Kentico application. An additional code package is provided for Core live site applications.
- The Kentico import package is provided for your specific version of Kentico. Install the module using the normal package import procedures.
- A code package is provided to deploy code to the Kentico application. This package is a ZIP archive named BolsterSearch_CMS_<version number>. Extract the files from the ZIP, and copy all the files to the Kentico application root.
- Additionally, you will need to follow further instructions below if you are developing an MVC or .NET Core live site application.
Kentico 12/Xperience 13 MVC
After deploying the code package to the Kentico application, you must copy the contents of only the /bin folder from the code package to the /bin folder of the live site application.
Xperience 13 Core
There is an additional code deployment package for Core live site applications. This package is a ZIP archive named BolsterSearch_Core. Extract the files and copy them into the Core application files.
Because Kentico doesn't properly display the index status of custom indexes, additional steps need to be taken to fix this issue.
- Open the Modules application.
- Edit the Search module.
- Open the User interface tab.
- Navigate to the CMS > Administration > Configuration > Smart Search > Local indexes in the tree navigation.
- In the right pane, open the Properties tab.
- Scroll to the Grid extender form control in the Listing section and select "(custom classes)" for the Assembly name field and "BolsterSearchIndexListControlExtender" for the Class field.
- Click the Save button.
- Navigate to the CMS > Administration > Configuration > Smart Search > Local indexes > Edit index > General in the tree navigation.
- In the General tab, scroll to the Target URL field in the Element content section, and replace the field's value with this: ~/CMSModules/Roundedcube.Bolster.Kentico.Search/SearchIndex_General.aspx
- Click the Save button.
Add the provided Bolster license in the Module Licenses application in Kentico. Instructions on how to add the license can be found here.
References for Visual Studio Projects
Currently, we are not providing a Nuget package. In order to use the Bolster Search API in a live site search implementation, please reference the assemblies in the /bin folder of the code package. For Core applications, reference the assemblies in the .NET Core code package.